• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
While not all of the original comments or Scrineblog entries have made it home to roost quite yet, it appears the days of newscrine.com have come to a close.
Scrine.com is back in business. Still lacking a decent mobile access, but we're getting close.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
Oh, wonderful, wonderful, a place to multi-Scrine! Look, I can put a full-stop here. And one here. And here’s another one. ‘mouse, we can have such fun with contests now! The only down-side is that occasionally I’m meant to do work. Bugger.
If you’ve found your way here, and it’s not yet March 1st, then welcome to the pre-game warmup.
What’s Scrineblog? A place for just about anything that won’t fit comfortably into the original Scrine site, because let’s face it, some things just beg for more attention than a single sentence.
Something different that you’ll find here is the “Inspired By” entry field on the Scrineblog posting screen. How’s it work? Thanks for asking! Say you see a Scrine sentence that inspires you to want to write something or just share something, and that something just doesn’t fit on Scrine, then make a mental note of the that entries title. Then, when you go to post at the Control Panel, choose “Scrineblog”, and in the Inspired By field, choose the title of that entry you liked from the drop-down list. I know it’s long, sure, but then Scriners are a productive bunch. But it’s alphabetized, and the computer’s doing most of the work, so there’s really not that much to gripe about. Just choose the title and the rest will be done for you. Like magic!
If you find any problems, or think you should be able to post here, but can’t, send me an email or shout my name to the wind and I’ll get to the bottom of it. A bit of name shuffling occurred to get things rolling, and it’s entirely possible that a button wasn’t pushed or a switch wasn’t flicked.
Anyway, I thought that the world was ready for a Scrineblog. Don’t you?