• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
The thing is, if it turns out the citizens of the great State of California actually like low vehicle license fees, almost no property tax, decaying K-12 public education and the circus atmosphere of budgetary sleight-of-hand in lieu of responsible fiscal management, then my career is meaningless before I even graduate.
Greetings from the Bizarro world: I renewed my license at the DMV in five minutes, but getting there and back on the freeway took an hour.
Honky-tonk music at loud volume and four cups of coffee may not meet the government’s nutritional guidelines, but it sure hit the spot today.
Although Little Timmy had no idea government agencies would all maintain thick files on him in the future, he did have a deep, foreboding sense that someone was fucking with him, which sort of took the fun out of playing in the sandbox.
In these troubled times, you have to be careful when commenting upon the health of a government accountant, even if it is cold and flu season; for instance, if the accountant sneezes during your meeting, show concern, but try to avoid saying, “Gesundheit,” which will only result in you being asked to surrender your passport.
Above all things, Josie hated socialism, bureaucracy, medicine, being told what to do, and growing old; it was little wonder she regarded her Medicare years as nothing less than a confluence of governmental abuses.
The smell of lavender in summer was so pungent, and gave human beings such a euphoric feeling of light-hearted optimism, a Senate hearing was immediately convened to make lavender a controlled substance.
Words bounce off quasi-padded cells, like rubber balls off schoolyard pavement, losing a little bit of themselves with each impact statement.
“Close enough for government work” is accurate, even in the painstaking environment I find myself in.
The System is breaking down.
Eventually the free range chickens were required to wear ankle monitors so the government could keep better tabs on their comings and goings.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
151 queries in 0.9889 seconds