• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
’Mouse sat there, staring at his computer, wondering if there was a better way to tell his story so the audience at Scrine would perfectly understand his feelings—which he placed somewhere on the continuum between amusement, anger and deep sadness at the patheticness of the Fates who apparently had nothing better to do today than set up the impossible interaction of traffic signals, hunger and the playlist on the local lite-muzak schlock station so that during the tiny window of less than five minutes that ‘Mouse took to duck into the store (taking him away from his usual radio haunts) he would hear none other than “Puff the Magic Dragon.”
Goliard, could you roll a joint and pass it around, I’d really like a Puff. [link removed]
I broke into Goliard’s account in order to post sentences she asked me to post; there’s a rumor out that she may soon be joining your reluctant rodent as a guest of our handsome host, Keith. Signed, ‘mouse P.S. (I can violate the one-sentence rule since it’s not my account! Whatcha gonna do, ban me/her?) Anyone want to put any words in her mouth before I forget her password?
I’m putting Goliard in for the Spanglemonkey, “Sneaky as ‘mouse, and just as lucky with the random guessing of passwords and other secrety-secrets” award, and if you don’t know what I’m talking about that’s because you’re not supposed to, duh.
“...but she always took her coffee black.”
I used to think,We were just outside of Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.was my favorite opening sentence of any novel, but now the story I most want to read begins: I found my last demon hiding under the foot of my bed, blinking its yellow eyes slowly, and biting and scratching my ankles each morning that I woke.
I’ll give up all my sentences on Scrine for just one more word from the vaults of goliard.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
144 queries in 0.7821 seconds