• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
“Dear Millicent, Well, my work with the UN has finally come to something - I’m being posted to their MINURSO operations in El-Aaiún in seven days. Many people see this as a dead-end operation, but I still maintain a faith in humanity that may be considered ‘zealous’ or even ‘ridiculous’ in the light of the local political situation… I just can’t abide by those who sit by and just hope that humanity sets itself right in the end: hope is not a strategy. The world will not, as I have always maintained, fix itself through the second coming of Christ: it’s up to the good men who refuse to ‘sit by and do nothing while evil triumphs’. Yep, I’ll probably get shot at. Yes, it’ll be hot and uncomfortable, and even if the proverbial does hit the fan, you won’t see me on the news, because, quite frankly, no-one gives a fucking shit about this part of the world any more. You once asked ‘why would you do this?’. Well, it’s out of a sense of duty. What fate decided that I’d wind up in a first world country, living la vida loca, whilst so much of the world gets the shitty end of the stick? It’s the least I can do, to put my arse on the line and put myself through a fraction of the shit that these other hapless bastards suffer. Anyway, I’m rambling. I’m drunk. I’m scared. I don’t even speak the language yet. And quite frankly, I consider it a bit pathetic that the only place I have to pour my fears out to is some anonymous website. If you ever get the chance, Milly, do visit cafe luxembourg in the alma mater. You promised me.All the best, to all of you. Van Eck.P.S. I know I’ve cheated (despite the perfunctory ellipses). But I always maintained that scrine should be a paragraph, and not just a single sentence. Keith, you can can my account after this. We have a satlink, but I’m told it’s for ‘important’ stuff only. No time for fun any more. Time to be a man. The world needs saving. Godspeed.”
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
131 queries in 0.6105 seconds