• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
It is a well known scientific fact that the sun is opposed to work of any kind being done in its presence, and that’s why I haven’t finished the marketing report yet, sir.
I expect more of the unfinished letter to appear today, since a good part of last night was spent lying in bed writing half-asleep, half-awake lines in my head. Get…
“If you can stop telling us for one second about being hit by a bus on your way to work this morning,” said Henry’s boss, “perhaps you’d like to explain why you’re late for this meeting?”
“Why yes,” she agreed thoughtfully, and after some consideration, “I believe a really good, high quality excuse should count for something.”
My wife is getting pregnant this morning and I need to be there.
I got stopped at an apple maggot quarantine road block (Washington state workers will know what I am talking about).
Ennui…just make sure you look this shit up before you call in.
Calling in dead.
The dog ate my son’s homework, and took off a good chunk of my arm when I tried to get it back.
“Because I’m lazy” is *not* an acceptable excuse.
If I wasn’t self-employed, I’d definitely call in sick today and go play in the summer sun.
Sometimes I pretend I don’t write my first book because I know I wouldn’t be happy with my jacket photo.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
155 queries in 1.0466 seconds