• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
“Well,” Henry’s wife said as the doctors and nurses went about their business, “if you had taken the toaster to a repairman the way I suggested, you wouldn’t be in this situation at all.”
It was inevitable that one of us would become the parent who stomps around the house, muttering - sometimes yelling - that we don’t own the electric company, so could we please turn off the damn lights when we’re not in the room; for his sake, I’m so glad it was me.
Juan discovered expensive little insulated push-plug connectors and was more than happy to hand over his credit card and throw away his old-fashioned wire-nut electrical connectors forever when his first wiring experiments with them were 100% successful and not shocking at all.
If you only flip the breaker on half a 220-volt circuit, there are still 110 evil volts waiting to bite your unsuspecting finger.
The best laid plans of 'mouses and men can oft be completely derailed by some idiot with access to the master circuit breaker for the building.
Juan usually considered himself above such sissiness as flipping breakers before wiring plugs, but he decided to make an exception for the 240volt/50-amp circuit in the metal box serving his oven.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
141 queries in 0.5435 seconds