• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
“Being in the unemployment system is so demoralising”, I sigh to my mother across thousands of kilometers of phone line before finishing the sentence that I’d started, “that I might have to consider prostitution just to pay the bills” a statement that is met as expected, unenthusiastically and tossed aside off with, “well, I’m sure something will come up and if you think job hunting is hard at your age, imagine it when you get to my age” to which I replied “yeah”, (sighing), “I have considered it and I’d *definitely* need to become a prositute then”, again she tried to brush off my temporary mostly-joking nuttiness with, “no one will want to pay for your services at that age, you’ll be too old” but I had her there too with, “Oh… there’s all sorts of sexual deviants out there, people are in to everything, someone will want to pay” at which point she gave up and I felt waves of motherly eye rolling before she handed the phone on to my father.
After staying a bit too long in a job that had demoralised her, brung low her sense of self-esteem and worn her out in the face of even reasonable criticism, Tammy wondered just how the hell she was then meant to go out and sell herself to potential new employers.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
133 queries in 0.6560 seconds