• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
Returning to the “dating scene” after years of marriage can be frustrasting for the recently divorced especially if your talent is mimicing the mating cries of several North American bird species.
Barbie was embarrassed to be seen dating Big Jim, as he was quite a bit shorter than her, even when he wore her hot pink platform shoes; on the plus side, however, there was plenty of room for them both in the Big Jim Sport Camper.
“You might call me somewhat of a boffin,” Rufus confided to Julia on their first and final date; “Take right now for instance, I’d like to see you naked, but purely for scientific reasons until we get to know one another better.”
I thought I’d impress Sally by telling her that there was no actual proof that I couldn’t out-wrestle a dinosaur, but then she pointed out that there wasn’t any proof I could outsmart one either, so that didn’t go so well.
Somewhere around the sixth frame Rufus told me about his date with Julia, and by the look on his face, I could tell he’d brought up that boffin nonsense.
Being new to the group, Evelyn had no way of knowing that whenever Rufus offhandedly brought up what he referred to as “his Hemingway years,” the best thing to do was walk away, and certainly, under no circumstances whatsoever, make the mistake of saying, “Hemingway? I love Hemingway;” but I’m sure she knows better now.
To compensate for his one short leg, Luke made it his policy to only date crooked girls.
The first physical contact of any date is very important, and should never involve you thumping their belly the way you might a watermelon at the supermarket.
Look, Gina, if no one likes your new boyfriend, perhaps it's not a problem with everyone else, it may be he's just a flaming asshole and you are only one in the world who can't see it.
Lucy's dating rules were not nearly as arbitrary as they seemed.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
150 queries in 0.9637 seconds