• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
The thing is, if it turns out the citizens of the great State of California actually like low vehicle license fees, almost no property tax, decaying K-12 public education and the circus atmosphere of budgetary sleight-of-hand in lieu of responsible fiscal management, then my career is meaningless before I even graduate.
Peter ran a tight circus and had no tolerance for that wishy-washy “half-full or half-empty” bullshit - you’d either locked the lion’s cage or you hadn’t, there was only one answer, and it damn well better be the right one.
One of the most interesting things I ever heard was a person who said “stress is all in your head” and quite correctly pointed out that every type of stress except the physical type of putting your hand in a fire, is interpreted through one’s brain—you must first hear the words or see the sight, process it and then the wave of anger, depression, hopelessness, etc. washes over you, however, it is possible to intervene in those few milliseconds, by actively deciding not to let the event stress you or through chemical rebalancing.
Once upon at time one of my sisters travelled around with the Moscow circus as an usher - I can’t help but think it would have made for a more interesting story had she been a human cannonball.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, if you’ll direct your attention to the center ring, it’s that moment you’ve all been waiting for…. the one…. the only…. Lance Living and his Amazing Double Superlative Talking Monkeys!
Whenever he scrubbed his powder-burned feet, Henry would wonder if circus life had been his best choice.
Chad soon discovered after leaving the circus that there were very few employment opportunities for a former Geek, even one who held the world record for the number of chicken heads consumed
I never cared much for the robot circus—the deafening clank of the elephants, the never-changing audio of the lion’s roar, the dim glow of the clown’s lightbulb nose—although I did kind of enjoy the intricacy of the trapeze girl’s metalwork.
I am sorry I am late, but there was an unforeseen incident involving circus clowns and a Prius
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
147 queries in 0.8296 seconds