• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
With nothing more than this fresh bagel and some smoked salmon I can convince all but the staunchest athiest that there’s a goddess-in-charge and she loves us.
“Next time a religion-themed movie comes out,” said Darko shrewdly, “we atheists should boycott it on the premise that it perverts impressionable minds, and see if evangelists start clamoring about how we’re out of line, trying to tell people in a free and open society what to believe.”
Nietzsche moaned and turned over in his grave when news of the Vatican’s ire over the death of God in the Golden Compass reached him; He had declared God dead in the 19th century and was quite annoyed that it took people over a century to notice.
Fred’s resurrection was somewhat disconcerting since he had been a dead atheist for over a century but, now that he was born again, he felt the need to write a long essay condemning the Vatican for decrying movies and books it finds offensive when it can’t seem to keep child molesters out of the priesthood; “Take that you freaking Nazi pope,” Fred shouted as he waved his fists in the air, “protest that why don’t you?”
One morning, young Carmen stopped believing in Santa Claus; in the mid-afternoon, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny had each lost their cachet, and by dinner time Carmen was an avowed atheist, demanding to know if coffee would really stunt her growth.
There are no foxholes in atheism.
“I gave up atheism for Lent,” said Fender, keeping an eye out for, and getting, the expected reaction every time.
The gods are not immortal living only as long as the span of one man’s dream
And, unpleasant as it may be to admit it, it is at last becoming evident that the enormous increase in productive power which has marked the present century and is still going on with accelerating ratio, has no tendency to extirpate poverty or to lighten the burdens of those compelled to toil. It simply widens the gulf between Dives and Lazarus, and makes the struggle for existence more intense
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
147 queries in 0.9517 seconds