• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
It’d been nearly three months since the sentencing, but Bob didn’t think he’d ever get used to his cellmate’s penchant for staring, or the man’s particular fondness for repeating, “Don’t worry fireman, I got your back.”
My 9yo got home from school early a few days ago and, unsupervised, wandered over next door, played with the grandmotherly and grandfatherly neighbors’ dog and ate fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies; that it even flitted across my mind, “is that safe?” is far more evil and horrible than any old man putting on a silly costume, having a nip of brandy and making children laugh and delight in a joyful cultural fantasy of Christmas.
It was only when he stood on the small, wooden, termite infested stage in the small, ugly, seventy year old school auditorium before the small collective of theater kid’s parents who would think that the show was a hit no matter what brilliant, or for that matter, unbrilliant things that he did with staging, lighting and sound, that the under-appreciated, under-paid director seriously considered arson or, as his friends politely put it “just burning that bitch down.”
She knew 'burning bridges' was not the best answer to that dreaded 'where do see yourself in 5 years' question
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
137 queries in 3.8995 seconds