• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
So, yesterday I brought to the office this new (actually old, early 1970's semi-audiophile style) jet-black amp with beautiful knobs and switches which I had found a the flea market and decided would fit the decor I prefer better than the ugly retired silver Sony "blah" receiver I have been using, and I installed it and everything was going well, and then I decided to try out my really nice headphones to see what happened if I pushed the volume way up (not to "11" but at least near "3" where it started to hurt in a good way) and listened to some sweet sweet Neil Young (After the Gold Rush), Joni Mitchell (Blue), Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here), Fleetwood Mac (Rumors), Miles Davis (Kind of Blue), Taj Mahal (Best of the Private Years) Nirvana (Unplugged in New York), AC/DC (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap) and so forth... only after a half an hour or so I noticed an odd vibration in the wall which I had my head leaned back against, so I lifted off my headphones and at that point was stunned to discover that this amp doesn't automatically disengage the speakers the way the Sony did when you plug in headphones, so I'd actually been rocking out the entire office building; today the only reasons I don't have to hang my head in shame are a) it was after 6pm and b) those were some awesome tunes blasting out on sweet equipment.
Juan figured his mid-life crisis was not really out of control since, so far, it only involved trying to recreate the "Is it live or is it Memorex" poster in his man-cave.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
133 queries in 0.6532 seconds