• Scrine is the home of lost, forgotten, and lonely sentences.
• Play nice. Be kind. Post only single sentences.
• Scrine gives everyone plenty of rope to play with, but reminds everyone that even the longest rope is capable of hanging a person.
• Censorship is ugly, but still not the ugliest bird in the sky. Happily, this has never been necessary.
• The appropriateness of all sentences will remain the sole discretion of Scrine's tender.
• Anyone. Reading along costs nothing but time.
• Membership is required to post your own sentences. Joining is quick and painless.
• With membership comes the unique privilege of calling yourself a Scriner.
• Your information will never be sold, given away, shared, or even traded for an unimaginably delicious slice of pie.
• The above sentence may be the only sentence on this site that is 100% true.
Use this space for notes and reminders to yourself.
This is a private space. Only you will see your notes.
Expiration date is not required, only if you want the note to magically disappear.
A great place to keep your fantastic ideas, like, "Hey! I need to write more sentences about crickets and English gentlemen with unruly beards."
Josh knew his addiction was getting out of control when he started buying large bottles at Costco, smuggling them home, hiding them and using them to refill the carafe his wife kept on the counter, but he rationalized that he hadn’t really sunk to rock bottom and didn’t really need professional help since he was still buying name-brand jelly-bellies instead of generics.
The addictive qualities of Scrine are fully described in the Wasted Time Guarantee® section of the club membership packet.
My kingdom for something chocolate.
I can’t decide if I should regard my newly-identified blog addiction as basically harmless, like the one I have for caffeine, or as seriously problematic as the one I (used to) have for tobacco.
I have scoured my yellow pages looking for a 12-Step group designed to help people addicted to semi-colins
Hello my name is Dot and i’m a scriner.
Once you start writing Thrills will become obsession Your clever words haunt
You haven’t truly tackled the vagaries of the English language until you’ve tried to explain to a seven year-old why getting addicted to drugs is a terrible idea, the worst idea ever, while being addicted to caffeine is ... um, not so bad.
(Edited to follow the one scrine rule) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think that metaphorically speaking, love is a really big redwood splinter and pain is it jammed really deep up underneath your fingernail and broken off: You think “this should stop hurting soon, I’ll be okay,” but then it doesn’t and it just hurts worse and pretty soon you’re considering driving to downtown Oakland at 3am to look for heroin figuring that addiction and eventual withdrawal couldn’t been any worse than this fucking love, er, splinter.
As far as I know, the taste of coffee revolts me, and though it has no effect on my body whatsoever I am yearning for a hot cup with one creamer, and three packs of sugar, but alas, the coffee pot sustained major damage when it hit the ground.
Ken, currently doused in gasoline after a rather nasty string of events starting with his car running out of that which now flaunts itself upon his skin, began to think about starting a smoking addiction, if tobacco’s stress relieving abilities were to ring true, then, luckily, decided against it, because he had never like coughing.
It was easier for Bart to tell people he had insomnia than admit the truth, that he was addicted to the sensation of being sleepy.
I have three library cards and I swear, “I never buy books,” but I keep finding myself with an empty wallet and a guilty grin sneaking out of my local used bookstore with the heavy brown paper bag bearing evidence of my addiction.
I'm sure there are more damaging ways to self medicate than a jar of Nutella and a large spoon.
All of Zed's lottery winnings had been blown on the honey chipotle barbeque sauce that he had become addicted to.
Copyright @ 2005 - 2017
160 queries in 1.8774 seconds