duckTAGS: archives, ducks are not evil, the shoe box
This is a picture of some ducks. Nice aren't they?
Now that's where I stop. Some overly paranoid types say this is a picture of ducks sitting evilly and plotting to overrule the world. Tch. Just some happy little ducks playing in the sun I say.
ducks are NOT evil
Popular opinion has it that ducks are evil. This is patently wrong. Ducks aren't evil.
Update: What's interesting about the above paragraph? Google is now in on the evil duck conspiracy!
Originally, when I first tried the image search for evil ducks there were scant results. Then more and more results would pop in. So, a year or so ago, I set that link up to actually search for eeeeevil ducks on Google. With five eeeees you got no photo results. Google only offered "No standard web pages containing all your search terms were found" with perhaps a "Did you mean", such as you might get with a search for a random pile of letters.
It was once pointed out to me that ducks are a little bit tricky. This is, just possibly, true. However, I now can't help think the same of the good folk over at Google. Perhaps, when it all comes out in the wash, we will discover that Google is in fact run by ducks.
ducks are good
Given that ducks are definitely not evil, I'd say that there aren't enough ducks in the world. We need more ducks. No, really.
"Quack" -- Tibbles the Duck
advice on collecting ducks
Don't do it. Just don't. Ducks aren't evil, but collecting them is. If you think you can stop whenever you want to, you can't. All of your family and friends will continue to collect for you many years after you've, politely asked, pleaded, begged, sworn, and, finally, threatened violence at them to stop. This is true if you didn't even start the collection in the first place, but had it inflicted upon you. It's that duck trickiness factor coming into play.
A year or so ago, I was sitting in the back room in our house and I looked into the backyard to see a duck waddling around! (grainy photographic evidence included).
Yes, that's right. Ducks have an evil community that links worldwide. Hah. No, these are just some pointless, timewasting and generally stupid links about ducks and duck things.
- YouTube has brought us ever more great duck adventures, be they weird and beautiful, cooky or just taking us back to the classics.
- I would say that QuaCky My Life & His frienDs is a quacking good adventure.
- I wish I'd seen these giant ducks on film or from ancient times for myself.
- ah, what a great vision - A Rubber Duck to Every Bathroom aims to achieve just that. Includes useful features such as the Rubber Duck Standard and guides for use.
- the duck planet has extensive collections, duckfests, duck forums and duck whatnot.
- these little yellow things are truly ducks ahoy! and out to sea...
- oh my... well hung ducks
- great googly moogly, it's a very big duck
- different types of ducks; dabbling, perching, rosy... a look at the ducks of the world
- totally obsessed by ducks - part 1 and part 2
- don't bother to respond to the call for ducks. I sent him a duck a couple of years ago and it's not on his site - maybe 'they' thought it was a duck bomb and it never made it through customs.
Oh, so you think you need more ducks? If you really think that way, take a look at these [moreducks.html link removed] well hung ducks, torrent ducks, duck names and more, it should put you off ducks for a while.
"Is it because duckling sounds a bit like underling that the word seems so ominous, or is there something else going on?"